The Wedding Chapel is a cozy, beautiful wedding venue on the site of the former St. Philip’s Episcopal Church in Turtle Lake. It is maintained and operated by the Greater Turtle Lake Area Association for weddings and special events.
St. Philip’s Church of Turtle Lake was organized about 1896 at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Everett. After a decade of rotating pastors and home meetings, the congregation erected the church edifice, a frame building with stone foundation and belfry, at a cost of $800-$1000. Reverend James Trimble solicited donation of the lot from the Soo Railroad Company, and The Ladies Guild, which was organized by Reverend Trimble on February 10, 1900, earned all but $155 of the cost of the building through fundraising projects, as well as gathered some of the stone for the foundation. The remaining $155 was raised by the general congregation, and the church was debt-free at the time of its first service in the new building. The church was renovated in the 1930s, and it is today kept in excellent condition through the efforts of GTLAA volunteers.